Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Anyone feeling depressed after going low carb?

Monday, April 24, 2023

Anyone feeling depressed after going low carb?

Today is day 7 on low carb. I've been keeping my net carb below 50g, usually its 30 to 40 g per day.

I am on a weight loss journey. First couple of months I lost 16 lbs. The last few months, I lost only about 4-5 lbs so I decided to intensify things.

Been eating lean meats (chicken, tuna, lean beef) lots of vegetables like asparagus, brussel sprouts, bell peppers, spinach, cabbage etc.). A bit of fruit (mostly berries, half an apple or pear per day). Been having salads with olive oil, avocado and sometimes with feta cheese. I have had three 1/2 cup servings of brown rice over the last week to help with my HIIT workouts.

Overall my fat intake is moderate and protein is high. Been adding flaxseed meal and chia etc for extra fiber in plain yogurt. I also fast for 16 hours daily. I've been doing IF for months. I have not been hungry over the last week.

I have stopped all added sugar. This also means no candy, snacks, cake, chocolate cookies etc.

My sleep is good. Had insomnia 2 nights ago, but was able to sleep in.

I exercise 5x per week. A mixture of HIIT and weight lifting plus recovery stretching 2x a week... this is in addition to warm up and cool down stretches before and after workouts.

Today I am seriously like WTF depressed. Like crying depressed. I need to lose 60 more lbs. I can't foresee crying for the next 6 months and keeping my sanity.

Anyone else experience depression while doing Low Carb? Or is this just me? Will it get better?

submitted by /u/SilverySands
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/12xz3gq/anyone_feeling_depressed_after_going_low_carb/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...