Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Things that have significantly helped me recently

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Things that have significantly helped me recently

I wanted to share a few things that have helped me recently in my weight loss journey. They may not work for you, and you may not agree with them, but they have significantly improved my life recently:

Quitting Diet Soda- This has not been easy and I still have cravings, but I have been in some deep denial about the many ways drinking the volume of diet soda I was drinking has messed me up. It seems harmless since it is calorie free but it truly has done a number on me in so many ways. I’m opting for water or ice water instead and still having an occasional sugary coffee drink, alcohol, or whatever.

Starting an Antidepressant- I’ve been incredibly hesitant to do this in the past for fear of what it might do to me, but I’ve decided to give it a try and it has really helped with the stress response and coping mechanism of stress eating. This paired with therapy has really aided the process of working on binging on food a lot less.

Therapy- Working with a therapist who specializes in disordered eating patterns to help resolve my issues and move forward in a better way. I acknowledge I am incredibly lucky to have this resource available to me

CPAP- I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and hypopnea and have started using a CPAP machine every night for breathing. Apparently chronic lack of sleep does a number on your body and using this machine has helped in a lot of ways.

Exercise- not simply for the sole purpose of losing weight but to gain muscle and have physical activity and exercise in my daily life. There’s a lot of good mental benefits that come from it but it took me a bit of time to gain the momentum to get to that feel good place.

I have not weighed myself recently and don’t know what the status is of my weight change; however, I can say that my clothes are fitting a little bit looser and I have a lot more pep in my step. To me this feels like progress and I’m going in the right direction

submitted by /u/MiMyMoMashly
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/uks09q/things_that_have_significantly_helped_me_recently/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...