Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Recomp vs Cutting Advice

Saturday, May 7, 2022

Recomp vs Cutting Advice

Hi everyone!

I’m 21, 5’7 and approx 165lb.

A bit of background:

From 2020 - 2021, I lost around 50lb (205ish to 155) just from CICO. Around mid-2021, I stopped tracking calories and started focusing on prioritizing my protein intake, as I got into weightlifting.

However, my province shut down gyms & I was back to in-person school during the start of 2022 so I fell off the CICO + gym routine that I previously had. So, I ended up gaining back some weight and am just not happy with where I am right now.

Now:

I got back into the gym very recently, with the goal to weight train 3-4x a week, followed by cardio, then go on at least a 30 minute walk each day on the days that I don’t train.

My priority has never been my weight - though, I don’t mind shedding a couple more pounds. I primarily want to prioritize fat loss along with gaining muscle.

I’m stuck on what I should do in terms of eating. I understand that my goal (fat loss, muscle gain) is essentially a recomp, but I’ve never done that before and am a bit nervous to do it and not see results.

As such, would it be beneficial to start a cut, then recomp once I’m down a couple more pounds? Or, should I recomp and cut?

As well, does eating around 1500 calories with at least 100g of protein seem reasonable? I really don’t know how to measure my activity level so I’m unsure what my maintenance calories are/how large of a deficit I’m doing.

I estimated my activity level to be sedentary, putting my TDEE at around 1800.

Thank you in advance!!

submitted by /u/aaaa0820
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ukr0im/recomp_vs_cutting_advice/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...