Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Extremely overweight, confused about calories guidance--trying to reconcile the dissonance

Friday, May 6, 2022

Extremely overweight, confused about calories guidance--trying to reconcile the dissonance

Hi All, First I want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this community. I have been reading and searching threads for the past 2 days.

I am waiting on scale to arrive from Amazon but I imagine my SW is around 450 (based on my last medical appointment). I am looking to lose a 100lbs as my first goal. I have begun tracking my calories and everything I put into my mouth in LoseIt. Loseit allots me a budget of around ~3400 calories per day to achieve my goals. That seems like an awful lot of calories? I realize I am much bigger so it takes more calories to "power me" but could that really be correct?

I have been tracking my new habits for the past 2 weeks, and for example according to LoseIt I have eaten 1411 calories today. I'm not eating terribly differently than I was before, minus intentionally cutting out rice and pasta. Was I really eating that many more calories all this time to have to maintained my current size? I'm having a real hard time looking back at my habits and seeing exactly how I was consuming so many calories as to have been this size for a long time. I am quite blown away.

I have watched a few episodes of 600lbs life and looked up Dr. Now's diet and see where he restricts his patients to around 1200 calories. So coming in around 1400 calories feels like a reasonable goal I can do daily. But then that begs the question was I really eating like 3500-4000 calories on average prior? I almost feel like I am broken, and is it possible that I have some extreme metabolic issue. I feel like eating 3400 calories a day would be a big mistake!

submitted by /u/nillawafer80
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/uk1iav/extremely_overweight_confused_about_calories/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...