Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What keeps you motivated to lose weight?

Sunday, April 2, 2023

What keeps you motivated to lose weight?

For me it's old pictures of myself.

Not when I had an eating disorder and underweight, but when I considered it was my "peak". 20 lbs ago I was nicely toned and lean, and while the muscle isn't exactly gone, there's certainly more cushion than there was before.

Sure. I'll lose my newfound "hourglass"figure and boobs, but I prefer losing that and taking back the energy and stamina I used to have. I carry the weight well so I have few complaints, but man, I do miss being energetic, lithe, and (mostly) strong. I'm still somewhat strong, I guess, just no upper body strength as far as arms go- And minimal stamina. Legs and abs are toned, miraculously, but it's not the same with that extra layer of fat on top of it, lol.

I miss the stamina the most. I miss having the energy to just get up and do things, and walk around, and dance, you know?

I eat on a caloric deficit (less than 1k calories a day, usually not topping 700-800, though sometimes I can do 1,200 on a "bad" day)

Unfortunately, this caloric deficit only helps losing weight Veeeerrryyy slowly, as I have a really sedementary lifestyle now, as opposed to what I had on my "peak".

Any tips? What keeps YOU motivated? What if you are admittedly not as energetic as you were bfore, but still seek physical activity? Any advice is welcome!

submitted by /u/DumbedDownDinosaur
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/12a5u2q/what_keeps_you_motivated_to_lose_weight/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...