Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I’m a Sahm, how do I lose weight when I am using food to fill the void?

Thursday, March 9, 2023

I’m a Sahm, how do I lose weight when I am using food to fill the void?

As title states I am a stay at home mum to an almost 2 yr old. I gained almost 17 kgs while pregnant and then after losing 10 kgs after birth I worked hard to start losing the rest, I lost around 5/6 then have slowly gained again and I don’t actually have scales but can see how round my middle has become, but I can’t control my eating.

I start eating smaller portions following the guidelines for balanced meals, I start working out more and eating less sugar.. then the lead up to my period begins and I start craving sugar like a madman, and lose all my self control. I can be good for a week or two then I fall off track and completely forget I was on a diet.

I’m alone 90% of the time and will casually go to the pantry or fridge to snack on something to fill the void. I track calories for a while then stop for one day and forget about it completely.

I do not have access to a gym with free childcare, I tend to not each much fruit during the day because it is expensive and I save it all for my son to eat well.

I am exhausted looking after a toddler 24/7 (including co sleeping) and dealing with tantrums and trying to keep the house clean and keep myself mentally sane I do not have the energy to put into dieting all the time.

I can’t keep living like this yet I don’t know how I can change. I used to smoke to fill the boredom and when I stopped 5 years ago I turned to eating instead and haven’t stopped gaining weight since. I am not obese but at the higher end or just over a healthy bmi.

Please give me all your advice on how to not be obsessed with food and at the same time lose weight, I hate thinking about not eating because it drives me to eat more. Every day I say “I’ll just drink coffee and water and have dinner” and end up snacking like a madman. I’m at a loss right now about what to do, I am just exhausted.

submitted by /u/anonperson96
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/11nb91v/im_a_sahm_how_do_i_lose_weight_when_i_am_using/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...