Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: First Time Tracking Protein - Thoughts?

Thursday, March 16, 2023

First Time Tracking Protein - Thoughts?

Hello Everyone, new here.

I am 6'2" M, 332 lbs. I have been obese since I was 10 years old, the same age as my son. I'm 38 now. The closest I ever came to being somewhat normal was before he was born. I did multiple rounds of beach body's programs, P90x etc. I got down to 227 lbs, however that amount of time spent working out was simply not sustainable for me and the weight came on so fast it was scary.

I did a couple years HFLC with no real success but got really sick eating that way and actually ended up in the ER a couple times with arrhythmia and serious dehydration.

I did a year of strict HCLF completely plant based, but only lost a nominal amount of weight, and simply could not choke down any more starchy foods, got horrible acid reflux and learned that lentils give me gout! This was hilarious because I didn't get gout eating double burgers with no bun, but eating lentil curry a couple times a week sent me into horrible gout flares.

After years of doing this and getting nowhere I am finally going to try to do the high protein, calorie deficit and weight lifting. I've just started this and am using the following formulas to get to my targets

At 6'2 332 lbs and I assume around 40% body fat (I am in the worst shape of my life) I estimate I carry around 200lbs of lean mass (332 * 1-40%). I've set my protein target at 1g of protein per pound of lean mass for 200g per day as a target.

Calories are set as follows:

Total Energy Burned (TDEE) = 2995 kcal + Exercise + Thermic Effect of Food

I used Mifflin St. Jeor Equation multiplied by being sedentary to get the 2995.

I am aiming for a calorie deficit of 750 calories per day which given the above gets me eating around 2500 calories a day.

So far, eating this much lean protein, especially greek yogurt (0%) is extremely filling. My exercise I am limiting cardio to a light warm up walk, and focusing almost exclusively on weight lifiting.

I guess I just wanted to know, has anyone had any success with something like this or am I barking up the wrong tree?

I just want to look in the mirror and not feel loathing for what I see there.

Thanks for any advice!!

submitted by /u/ThoughtCriminality
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/11t6heh/first_time_tracking_protein_thoughts/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...