Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: help me understand calorie counting

Friday, March 24, 2023

help me understand calorie counting

so i know my basal metabolic rate approximately. and i use apple health to track my active + inactive calories. my question is why is there such a disparity on apps with my calorie deficit for maintaining weight? what is the actual number?????

for example my net diary thinks i need 2054 calories a day if i have zero exercise to maintain my weight.

but apple health says i only use about 1300 calories when i am inactive on any given day, and even if i hike 3+ miles it only gives me a budget of about 300-400 more calories (so 1600-1700 for the day). apple health doesn’t calculate deficit but i can’t imagine it expects me to eat more calories than i burn.

my fitness pal thinks i need about 1800 when i’m active. it’s so confusing. which one is right? they all have my proportions.

my main problem is i would like to shed a few pounds and have been using my net diary to keep my calories at about 1500 a day if i’m inactive, increased if i am active. but because of the disparity between apps it seems like 1500 may not be enough?? apple health seems to think i need about that to maintain weight when i’m inactive so i feel tricked by my net diary’s deficit plan lol. any insight would be great.

for reference i am an active 5’9 female 142 pounds. literally just want to shed maybe 3 pounds and am so confused how to calorie count.

submitted by /u/chainsmirking
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/1213cuc/help_me_understand_calorie_counting/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...