Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: YOU CAN DO IT! (shared weightloss success)

Thursday, March 16, 2023

YOU CAN DO IT! (shared weightloss success)

Hi! Just wanted to share my (partially) successful story. I've dropped some weight and then gained some for the past 5 years, but I'm doing better overall. It just takes patience. I've read a lot of posts here, and really feel like every success story is my own. Thank you for that.

Maybe you are like me.

In 2018 my life was in a bad place. I was sad, tired, overworked, earning a bad salary, living in an ugly place, and with little prospects to look forward to. The only thing I looked forward to was cheap greasy french fries to drown my sorrow. Looking in the mirror was ugly too. Every day was the most overweight/obese I had been in my whole life.

But then, I found two books: - Can't hurt me by David Goggins - Eat Stop Eat by Brad Pilon

What I learned from them sparked something in me. I CAN loose weight, for free, and it just takes a little discipline.

Now, I do intermittent fasting twice a week and have dropped almost 30 pounds (which is half of what I need to drop to get to my healthy weight).

If I can give you one piece of advice is this: weight yourself everyday. Especially after a binge. Especially when you're feeling down. Especially when you don't want to. Those are the times that matter. Embrace the failure because human progress is messy, it's never a straight line, but if you keep up, you will find a way. And then, one day, you will be surprised by how much weight you can drop. You will look forward to seeing the numbers in the scale. Life can be better.

Hang in there! Tell yourself "I will be disciplined, just this one time. Tomorrow, I will indulge a little bit". I know it's not a perfect recipe but it's worked for me. Be kind to yourself and take just one step outside of your comfort zone. One step at a time. Steady does it.

Benjamin Franklin used to say "Pain instructs". Nelson Mandela used to say "I don't lose, I either win or I learn".

Happy weightloss journey! Learn on!

submitted by /u/Conscious_Document16
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/11tatc2/you_can_do_it_shared_weightloss_success/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...