Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: [nsv] YAY! bloodwork!

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

[nsv] YAY! bloodwork!

even before i lost weight recently, i made a lot of changes to my lifestyle. i got more active, i ate better (still too much, but almost all homemade at least), socialized more and have just gradually changed over the course of the past two years. i felt a lot better but still lost basically no weight. it wasn't until this year that i started counting calories and getting serious that i actually dropped some pounds. before even taking this step, my doctor had me get some bloodwork done just because i hadn't seen her in a couple of years.

the last time i had bloodwork done, my cholesterol was high but everything else was pretty okay. that was years ago, though, and i imagined, having gotten older since then, i should probably expect things to have deteriorated. to my surprise, things have actually improved! even before my weight loss, the changes i've made have mattered! thyroid function, blood sugar, cholesterol, hormones, kidney function, vitamin levels, all good!

my doc even said, these are good readings not just for a person my weight, but for anyone. she also said she could not believe my blood sugar numbers. i haven't seen her in a couple of months since giving blood, so she's had the results for a while. she's super busy as one of the only doctors in town outside the hospital, so i wasn't expecting her to really remember we had this going on. she said she remembered my chart specifically. she said she looked at my chart thinking 'this can't be right' because my glucose is unbelievable. she said she'd expect to see my blood sugar readings in a thin teenager, not an obese 30+ yo.

even if you're not showing it yet in your weight, the differences you make in your life are all important (although losing weight definitely helps). i'm just so happy to have not fucked myself up irreparably by being so heavy for so long.

submitted by /u/nobodynewknew
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/11yvj2u/nsv_yay_bloodwork/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...