Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Why do studies insist long term weight loss is nearly impossible??

Monday, March 13, 2023

Why do studies insist long term weight loss is nearly impossible??

So what’s the deal with these studies that say it’s nearly impossible to lose weight and keep weight off?

My brother lost weight and has kept it off for years. My dad lost a ton of weight and has kept it off for decades. My grandma has lost quite a bit of weight over the last 5 years and never regained.. I have many friends who’ve lost substantial amounts of weight and kept it off for many years at this point. Maybe gaining and losing a little here and there, but never getting close to regaining all their weight back. (I’m talking like 50+ pound losses! Some even near 100 or more!)

Heck! I’m morbidly obese and have a lot of food issues, but I’ve maintained a 50+ pound weight loss from 3 years ago (finally started losing again recently to help with many health issues!).

I am just confused by the data that says “weight loss is almost impossible long term” whenever anecdotally I know so many folks who have lost weight and kept it off long term.

I’m not even friends with a lot of “super active people or those who obsess about their health/figure. Am I just abnormally lucky to know so many folks who’ve successfully lost weight and kept it off long term? Or are these studies I’ve seen unlucky with their participants? Somewhere in the middle?

Thank y’all for any input!

submitted by /u/Euphoric_Product_130
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/11qpitd/why_do_studies_insist_long_term_weight_loss_is/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...