Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I have my bariatric surgery in less than two weeks.

Friday, March 10, 2023

I have my bariatric surgery in less than two weeks.

So I have struggled all my life with weight issues, BDD and depression/anxiety. After trying many different avenues my doctors and I decided on bariatric surgery. I am scheduled in a week and a half. I’m hopeful, in therapy, have a small bit amazing support group and have tried to do all the research possible. But I’m nervous, which I feel is understandable but still. I have also had a few people find out and be unnecessarily cruel about my weight, calling it an easy way out, asking how I can be proud of myself for this. But that’s the thing. I am proud of myself because I have not given up, I’m doing what my doctors and I have come to decide together is the best course of action. I’m taking action for me and my son because god, I want to be able to play with him again. Like really play, go for bike rides, go to the pool, things like that. I haven’t told my parents about the surgery, my spouse and sibling agree it would be a terrible idea.

Anyways I apologize for the rant. I know not everyone agrees with bariatric surgery, and I respect that. I honestly never thought I would get it either. But I am and despite my hopeful outlook I’m nervous as hell. So anyone who has had bariatric surgery have any helpful advice or success stories that can help calm this momma’s nerves?

submitted by /u/Brief-Stable-7646
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/11o76h5/i_have_my_bariatric_surgery_in_less_than_two_weeks/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...