Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: PSA: Beware with Malitol / Zero Sugar Candies

Friday, March 17, 2023

PSA: Beware with Malitol / Zero Sugar Candies

Hello everyone

I wanted to take a quick moment to give a warning to anyone willing to listen

I started my weight loss journey a while ago and have lost 100+ pounds

Throughout this time I’ve tried a variety of zero sugar / low calorie sweets and drinks that use a variety of sweeteners from Stevia, Sucralose, Erythritol, Acesulfame Potassium, etc these are usually found in diet sodas / ice creams like halo top or lower calorie yogurts

I can tolerate these pretty well and at worst get a bit of gas

When I was at the store the other day I noticed these Zero Sugar Hersheys / Reese’s / York Peppermint Patties

Took a glance at the back - whole package wasn’t bad on calories and ingredients seemed okay except I had never seen the sweetener they were using before - Malitol

I go home proceed to eat a few candies and later on I get the worst gas I’ve ever had in my life literally shitting my pants which was weird because like I mentioned I can tolerate sweeteners pretty well

I go to sleep and wake up around 3 am with the sharpest stabbing stomach pain I’ve ever felt in my life I was debating going to the hospital it was that bad - decided to look up reviews for the candies / malitol and people were saying the same thing!! I understand some sweeteners can have different reactions in people but malitol is next level compared to the others

These things make laxatives look like a joke i wouldn’t give them to my worst enemy

submitted by /u/CaliforniaJugg
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/11u86gm/psa_beware_with_malitol_zero_sugar_candies/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...