Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Weird to have veggies at Thanksgiving???

Sunday, October 9, 2022

Weird to have veggies at Thanksgiving???

So, this weekend is Thanksgiving weekend here up in Canada, and none of my family either invited me to their dinners or didn't have the time to go to one, so I decided to say 'fuck it', and make my own lol.

I had quite the feast made, as I intend to eat it all week. I made chicken, ham, bread stuffing, asparagus, green beans, cream corn, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, gravy, and a mash of potatoes, yams, butternut squash, and spinach. Turned out pretty damn tasty, and I of course have pumpkin pie and whipped cream for dessert. :P

I was chatting to my friend about it and she kinda just chuckled and said I was weird for having veggies with my Thanksgiving dinner, then told me what they had made and basically boasted about not making any veggies for theirs. Like why is it weird to have veggies for dinner????

The funniest thing too, last year I had Thanksgiving with my now ex-roomie and her dad, the only veggies we had were green beans and carrots, (and mashed potato), which she didn't eat, as she often boasted about not eating veggies herself.

Veggies are tasty af though??? Like I'm seriously so lost here folks lol. I've been called a weird health nut because I like my veggies. Who doesn't have veggies at Thanksgiving? (No one calls mashed potatoes a veggie either, as it apparently doesn't count) I don't understand how people can't like even a single type of veggie, like I was a bit of a picky eater as a kid, and that was largely because of how they were cooked. Now that I'm an adult and can make them on my own, I have so many favourite veggies that I love to make constantly.

Anywho just wanted a place to vent about it, it was a very strange conversation to have with someone, especially someone who is also trying to lose weight. Like, I am just baffled and just didn't know how to respond to them lmfao.

Happy Thanksgiving!

submitted by /u/CodasHorizon
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/xzzm1r/weird_to_have_veggies_at_thanksgiving/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...