Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Husband said something that totally changed my mindset

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Husband said something that totally changed my mindset

So we were talking a few days ago and I brought up (again) how unhappy I was with my body shape

For background, I’ve gained about 30 pounds since we were married almost 10 years ago, leaving me at least 10 pounds over a healthy weight.

Trying to be helpful, he said “Well, maybe this is just your body shape now!”

I understand his context, after 10 years of marriage, having kids and leaving our young adulthood and sliding into middle age, clearly bodies change.

But I don’t want this body to be my “body shape” now. I know he was trying to be loving and supportive of my insecurities, but it has actually kicked me back into gear- I need to lose some weight and get back to feeling comfortable in my own body. Settling for what may just “be my body shape now” isn’t good enough for me anymore!

I just needed to get that off my chest. I downloaded the LoseIt app this week and am looking forward to my latest, more slow and steady and sustainable weight loss journey!

submitted by /u/itsmeatandcheeses
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/yfa1g2/husband_said_something_that_totally_changed_my/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...