Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Has anyone else had more trouble running a deficit the more active they become?

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Has anyone else had more trouble running a deficit the more active they become?

I'm curious if others have struggled with this and what advice you may have.

Six years ago I lost about 45 lbs to get me right to the middle of a healthy BMI. I usually had 1600 - 1800 calories, leaving me with a 300 - 500 deficit. I'm not saying it was a breeze, but it felt doable and that I could beat my cravings to maintain this deficit. It slowed a little as I reached a BMI of 22, but I was able to do it and could see the progress.

Now, over the course of 8 months, I put on 15 lbs putting me close to an overweight BMI. I was able to take the first 5 off in about two months, but the last 10 lbs are evading me. The thing is, I'm way, way more active now than I was before and I feel like my body is constantly craving fuel. I do horse riding, gymnastics, martial arts, weight lifting, and running. So much more than I did six years ago! So I first tried cutting my calories to 2000, but I ended up feeling lightheaded during physical activity and was craving food beyond belief. I've now bumped up to 2150 calories with a "cheat" day on the weekend, but the weight loss has slowed to a crawl and I still find myself feeling hungry and unsated. I feel like if I cut all my activities, I could cut my food and be alright. But I hate the thought of skipping any of my activities or not performing my best in them due to cutting calories.

Has anyone else experienced this where being more active made a deficit harder? How did you find the middle ground between keeping your potential in your sports, losing weight at a reasonable pace, and not feeling hungry all the time? Any tips on super foods for being active and at a deficit?

submitted by /u/Landdragonsforthewin
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ye6oo6/has_anyone_else_had_more_trouble_running_a/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...