Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Weight stall and trying to balance weight loss with appropriate food intake for exercise

Friday, October 21, 2022

Weight stall and trying to balance weight loss with appropriate food intake for exercise

I’ve been trying to gain fitness and lose weight, and I’m now finding it difficult to balance. Here are my stats:

  • Calorie Goal: lose 1 lb a week, 1400 calories
  • Exercise: 1-2 hours of exercise 4-5 days a week on average, mostly lap swimming with yoga, walking, and body weight exercises thrown in periodically
  • Height: 5 ft 3 in, female
  • Starting weight: 152
  • Current weight: 129
  • Time line: Started July 13 (a little over 3 months)

Heres the problem. For the most part I used to be able to hit between 1100-1500 calories during the week and switch to closer to maintenance on weekends without much trouble. I lost around 20 lbs with this pattern. At this point, I feel like I’ve hit a plateau since I’ve been bouncing around between 131 and 129 ever since October started.

This wouldn’t be too much of a problem since I still appear to be losing weight, just much slower. I would like to lose another 5-10 pounds before I up my intake. The problem is that I’m now very hungry in the evenings and even when I eat what used to feel like an appropriate dinner, I’m still getting strong hunger cues afterwards. Sweet cravings are also back and I haven’t craved sweets since I kicked energy drinks and soda. This wouldn’t be so bad if I didn’t also feel like crap. I’m not bouncing back day to day when I exercise and I feel like I’m crashing when I work out.

Tuesday/Wednesday I had to up my calories to 2k to feel reasonably satiated and to be honest I was still hungry. Thursday I gave up on counting for the day. I’ve had around 500 calories of icecream twice so far this week. I don’t even usually like icecream.

I could add back some exercise calories but I’m hesitant to do that when my weight is stalled. On the same note, this calorie deficit doesn’t feel maintainable based off the the last few days.

Any good ideas?

submitted by /u/Avaunt
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ya4zml/weight_stall_and_trying_to_balance_weight_loss/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...