Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I lost 35lb in 7 weeks (~210lb down to ~175lb) over the summer and have kept it off, but a few weeks ago I stopped heavy caloric restriction because I hit a plateau, and some how my weight is maintaining (not increasing). What is going on with my body/metabolism? (details inside)

Monday, October 17, 2022

I lost 35lb in 7 weeks (~210lb down to ~175lb) over the summer and have kept it off, but a few weeks ago I stopped heavy caloric restriction because I hit a plateau, and some how my weight is maintaining (not increasing). What is going on with my body/metabolism? (details inside)

I hit a plateau on my heavy caloric restriction (1200 a day about, sometimes a bit more but usually stuck pretty close to that), and since I had reached (surpassed) my goal weight, I decided to take off from my diet.

Even though I've been consuming way more calories for several weeks now daily, my weight has stayed at the weight when I decided to take a break from the diet.

Did something happen to my metabolism or something?

Relevant info: 6'2, age 34.

7 week diet: whole foods only. carbs only from fruit. *NO PROCESSED FOOD WHATSOEVER*. ~1200-1300 calorie limit.

excercise bike for 1 hour a day (ran until it said 500 calories burned, didn't care if it was accurate but monitored heart rate to stay in "optimal" range and just used it as a cut-off point).

resistance training 3 days out of that week for half and hour.

When I decided to start the journey, I was gaining weight fast and it was getting out of control. Now after I went on diet break, I'm eating fairly liberally, consuming processed foods, having some "pig out" days like all you can eat sushi and deserts, probably occasional 3k calorie days but my weight is now just maintaining and while I get those typical fluctuations in the 5lb range, usually it just goes up and down between 175-180 constantly depending on if I've been #2 recently or not.

So what gives? Can a diet like "fix" your metabolism to start working "normally" again? Is that what happened? Did I get stuck in some kind of rut before and I just need occasionally a "cleanse" window to bring my metabolism back?

I'm just trying to understand better why my weight is being so "Agreeable" now with a lax diet when prior to doing the diet it seemed like my weight was spiraling out of control. I am still doing resistance excercises but I'm not even running on the bike regularly anymore either, so I'm just confused about what was even the thing that was working that allowed me to even lose weight in the first place lol

submitted by /u/zipzzo
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/y6qph3/i_lost_35lb_in_7_weeks_210lb_down_to_175lb_over/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...