Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: [26yr 5'11" 340lb Male] What are some strength exercises that you'd recommend while someone is on their weight loss journey.

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

[26yr 5'11" 340lb Male] What are some strength exercises that you'd recommend while someone is on their weight loss journey.

Hello all,

I started at 350lbs sometime last month, and I'm currently down to 340lbs. I've been a little on and off as my day-to-day schedule is kind of hectic at time, but overall I'd say I'm still pretty consistent with my cardio workouts. I'm looking for some good strength training workouts to mix in more frequently. I have a gym membership so I have access to weights and machines. Any advice is much appreciated.

Just to give a glimpse of what my current routine looks like:

I try to exercise every day of the week for 30 minutes and at a minimum 5 days a week. My days look more or less like this:

Monday: 30-minute brisk walk, usually get about 1.5 miles in. Sometimes I go a little longer

Tuesday: 1-mile run followed by brisk walk until I hit 30 minutes. Usually get between 1.75 - 2 miles. I've successfully hit a point where I can do my mile run/ jog without stopping, so I will be adding another .3 miles to my run and when I can do that without stopping I will add another .3

Wednesday: Gym cardio day, usually an elliptical, bike, stair master, etc...

Thursday: Same as Tuesday

Friday: Same as Wednesday

Saturday and Sunday: Tend to be up in the air, but I like hiking, so usually it's some sort of nature walk or day at the beach or something or a repeat of one of the other days

I'm looking to maybe mix in strength training on the days I'm at the gym so Wednesday and Friday and possible the weekend too

submitted by /u/onepercentjapanese
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/y2i2xg/26yr_511_340lb_male_what_are_some_strength/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...