Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Weight training to prevent muscle loss?

Friday, October 14, 2022

Weight training to prevent muscle loss?

I'm currently trying to lose 20 pounds of fat, I've cut back on calories and have been losing 2 lbs a week for 3 weeks so far (i was originally 156 and now 150). I understand that 2lbs a week is more than the recommended 1lb loss per week but nonetheless 2lbs a week is still considered "safe". I have also been weight training about 2-3 times a week but nothing too serious, only more of a small "pump" for the whole body. But is this enough? worst case scenario for me is i drop 20lbs but half is fat and other half muscle. How much do i need to weight train to maintain ALL of my muscle mass? Should i weight train everyday or is 2-3 days a week good enough? and how hard should i weight train?

Edit: I do not want to gain any more muscle mass yet, i only want to maintain my current muscle mass for now

submitted by /u/yungmarvelouss
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/y43yxc/weight_training_to_prevent_muscle_loss/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...