Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Unconventional motivation to lose weight & eat better

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Unconventional motivation to lose weight & eat better

I decided to start watching what I eat recently. It mostly involves cutting out vending machine food at work, not eating fast food 6 days a week, not buying stuff from the bakery 5 days a week, and cutting down on soda from 2 a day to 1 or 2 a week.

I see a lot of different reasons or motivating factors for losing weight that have to do with health, a fitness goal, body image, or fitting into different clothing (all totally valid and awesome).

I'm looking for stories of strange or unconventional things you found motivation in. It wasn't the prediabetes, or the fact that my fat pants were tight on me, or that I sort of disgust myself when I see my body in the mirror that kicked me in the butt. It was this:

Back story: I never dream about famous people or outlandish situations. Most of my dreams involve real people and places in my life, with real or close to real things going on (walking down a hallway at my old high school, going grocery shopping and not being able to pick up an item, trying to dial a phone number but hitting the wrong keys, etc). Also, I've never been to a concert.

The dream I had: I was at a Foo Fighters concert, standing on the stage behind the band, and after the final song was played and the crowd was going crazy, Taylor Hawkins (the drummer that passed away earlier this year) came up to me, put his hand on my shoulder, and told me I was doing a great job and to keep up the hard work.

My takeaway from the very short dream segment was that if one of the greatest drummers of the last 30 years believes in me, I can believe in myself as well.

Just wanted to share a light-hearted moment during what can be a stressful, frustrating journey to a healthy weight, and invite you to do the same.

submitted by /u/Calicat05
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/yf807z/unconventional_motivation_to_lose_weight_eat/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...