Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Any experiences gaining weight because of medical treatment and then losing it afterwards?

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Any experiences gaining weight because of medical treatment and then losing it afterwards?

Hi everyone. I guess I'm wondering if anyone has stories about grappling with something similar. Sometimes I really despair over the situation.

I was a normal weight my entire life before going on risperidone. I was having a severe depressive episode as a teenager and was put on it out of fear for my life.

The drug made me into a zombie. I ate and slept all day and did nothing else. No amount of food felt satiating. My family members and clinicians did not point out what was happening to me or try to stop it for a couple of months. That was all it took for me to gain about 50 or 60 lb.

It has been a few years since then, but I still feel disgusted and like a stranger in my body. I have been yo-yo dieting and intermittently binge eating ever since, and I feel so full of self-loathing.

I have severe chronic pain to boot, so any changes I make will have to revolve primarily around diet until I get surgery or serious pain management, which is in the works.

I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with their (mental) health causing serious weight gain, and how they addressed the situation both psychologically and in their eating habits.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

submitted by /u/TinkyWinkies
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/y2hgij/any_experiences_gaining_weight_because_of_medical/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...