Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Confusion about weight loss (or lack thereof)

Friday, October 28, 2022

Confusion about weight loss (or lack thereof)

Hi, so first things first I am female, 31, 5’8” and 153lbs.

My confusion is that I haven’t lost any weight in weeks. I also haven’t gained any which I suppose is good. But here’s my problem, and I just want to figure out if I’m thinking things through correctly or if there’s something I don’t understand. From my understanding losing weight is pretty much a numbers game, spend more calories than you intake. So I’m active and I will exercise 3-4x a week on average. I do so on my bike which calculates how many calories I’m burning based on time spent and speed. I burn 1000 calories every time I’m on my bike. But my weight isn’t shifting, is that therefore saying I’m also eating an extra 3000 calories a week to break even?

Just for some extra info, I don’t count every single thing I eat (bad I know). But I can always account for 500 calories: My cereal and almond milk in the morning, and some time during the day a protein drink and some vegetable juice. Unless I’m not home (which several week ago I had to leave but for the past few weeks I have been home) I have that everyday. Thing is, I only eat one other meal during the day, and most days it’s a chicken breast and some vegetables. The only other thing I generally might eat is some baby bel cheese which is 70 calories, and I’ll only eat a couple of them some days.

So even if my bmr is around 1500 and I ate an extra 1000 calories in a day (which I feel like is a lot for what I eat but I could be wrong) after my breakfast and drinks I should still be in a 3000 calorie deficit from the exercise and losing close to a pound a week. But my scale hasn’t moved at all in at least two weeks. Is it possible to be gaining as much muscle as losing fat and that’s why the scale isn’t moving or am I truly eating way more than I think I am?

Also, as I said I ride my bike to burn calories. It’s an indoor exercise bike. Is it better to burn more calories going faster or should I go slower and up the tension to make it more difficult, and not necessarily go for 1000 calories but just an hour or so?

submitted by /u/RedThorns
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/yg57yu/confusion_about_weight_loss_or_lack_thereof/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...