Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Stalled progress, and walking the line between successful weight loss and a healthy mind

Monday, October 17, 2022

Stalled progress, and walking the line between successful weight loss and a healthy mind

Let’s start with the good: I’m down almost 20kg. It’s a great start, although I still have at least 20 to go.

The bad: I started in January and lost about 19 of those kgs in the first 3 months. The following 6 months have been gaining and losing the same 1kg.

More details: I started out calorie counting, and lost a lot fairly quickly. But I knew I was slipping back into disordered eating - I’d have days where I only hit 1000 calories and felt good about it; soon enough I was proud to have days under 800. Alarm bells started ringing and I knew I had to stop calorie counting.

I started trying to eat more intuitively. Small portions, mostly salad and vegetables, eating twice a day with a small snack if I was hungry between.

After a couple of months of this I was finally cleared by my Physio to get back to the gym. I’m now going 2-3 times a week with a combo of upper body weights and cardio (treadmill or swimming). For lower body, I’m doing the exercises prescribed by my Physio, also 3 times a week. I also do Pilates once a week. I’m trying to keep exercises fun and low pressure. I average 8-10,000 steps a day.

STILL nothing is changing on the scale or in the mirror. My clothes fit the same. I’m just so frustrated that it seems as though I can’t make progress with weight loss without risking slipping back into disordered eating.

I don’t know if I’m looking for advice, or commiseration, or just a listening ear. Please don’t comment just to tell me I need to track or that I’m eating too much, I already know that and it’s part of my frustration! Thanks :)

submitted by /u/Amzuja
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/y6vblp/stalled_progress_and_walking_the_line_between/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...