Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: My story and victory!

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

My story and victory!

I feel like crying (happy and sad tears) and I also I feel a lot of happiness right now. I am in my teens and have struggled with my weight my whole life and I feel constantly insecure. Bad eating habits in middle school gave me a lot of weight I’m still trying to lose now.

At my heaviest I weighed 190 ish at 5’4 in February of this year. I was not active and with the lockdown and online school I was putting on weight really fast. My period stopped for a year as a result. My doctor told me I need to lose weight in order to be healthy because they did blood work and everything was very elevated. They said I would become pre diabetic if I kept going like this.

I didn’t do anything major. I go on a lot of walks and when I hang out with my friends it’s an all day ordeal so I’m constantly on my feet.

In terms of eating I cut back on the amount of junk I was eating, and instead of having 3 big meals I have school lunch (usually half a sandwich and a few dates) and maybe a meal at home. Instead of not eating junk, I ate less and a smaller amount. I ask myself if I’m hungry or just bored and sometimes it’s just boredom. I don’t eat late at night, and if I’m really hungry I have one kiwi.

A turning point for me was several months ago when I would always give in to my cravings, and one day I told myself that I was NOT going to have a sweet at 10pm. I could have it the next day, but I didn’t need it. Now I can suppress the late night cravings.

On to my victory. I weighed in at 188lbs at the doctors in February. (2lbs down from August 2020) and have slowly lost weight at my own pace since. I’m now 168 lbs, which kind of doesn’t feel real because I’m so used to knowing I weigh 188 ish. Officially 22 lbs down from my heaviest (I’m tearing up as I type this) and I didn’t think I could do it. I told myself that when I reached the 169 (a different second number) mark I’ll allow myself to celebrate the victory.

I’m feeling a lot of emotions.

submitted by /u/classicqueene
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/r1jh0b/my_story_and_victory/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...