Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I've been going to the gym since may but it seems I have stopped losing weight. Why? And how can I start again?

Monday, November 29, 2021

I've been going to the gym since may but it seems I have stopped losing weight. Why? And how can I start again?

Here is me for reference: https://imgur.com/a/JCW5dBu

Pretty much ALL of my body fat went to my gut. I have a little on my back and under my chin/neck area, though. As of now since beginning mid-May I've gone down 20 lbs from 200 to 180. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but it's been very challenging for me. I had previously been losing about 4 lbs per month but in the last month and a half I've apparently stagnated. I measured this morning at 180 and that's the lowest I've seen so far. Usually it's been hovering about 182-83. So maybe I've lost a slight bit of weight but nothing noticeable.

I try to go to the gym about 3 times per week. As a full time student and I have part-time work on the weekends, it limits when I can go. I always do about half an hour (some days 45 mins) of cardio on the treadmill, and then I do some strength training so that I keep muscle and don't burn it while being in a calorie deficit. I've gained a little bit of muscle in my arms, at least it's noticeable from when I started. If I didn't have so much fat in my gut I might be able to see a little bit of ab development, too.

I generally try to stay at a daily intake of 2100 kcal or less. I'm not sure which calculator I used before but I just checked this one (https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/maintenance-calorie) and inputting my info (20M, 5'9, 180 lbs), it says my daily maintenance calories with little/no exercise are 2180 kcal, so again I try to keep below that.

I've not been eating any more than usual. I just seemed to stop losing weight. Is there a reason why? How can I get back on track to losing weight as I did before? I really want to slim down my gut as much as I can. I'm really looking for input or suggestions on what I should do.

submitted by /u/DDS1x
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/r5azti/ive_been_going_to_the_gym_since_may_but_it_seems/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...