Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Obese no more

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Obese no more

8 months ago, I weighed 169lbs and I’m just 5’3”(F), you could imagine a ball walking when you saw me at that time. I was grossed out by every detail in me but I’m glad I have a very strong support system, thanks to my friends and family who never left me in this entire journey.
It all starts with our mindset. I was devastated when my doctor told me that I was obese. But I realized I have to take my power back and not be in a victim mentality. A healthy lifestyle is a choice and I should stop making excuses for myself.

I started counting calories using a food scale and freedieting calculator, intermittent fasting and one meal a day on a raw vegan diet and did a lot of working out. Our coach from the gym told us to find a sport that we will enjoy. My friends and I tried and explored different activities until we tried rock climbing and calisthenics. Rock climbing became our favorite sport because it requires strength, creativity, and problem-solving. It's also a great way to meet new people. We also do calisthenics because it helps with rock climbing and can unlock moves, like the ability to do a one-arm pullup. I feel like I’m a different person because I finally hit the normal BMI range after a lifetime of being obese and had to toss out my entire closet!

For the past 8 months until now, I have continued everything. I never thought that my weight loss journey would also make our friendship stronger. I even influenced my friends to go on the healthier side of life. As we welcome the year 2022, we are already the better version of ourselves in all aspects because losing weight is also letting go of all the negativity and bad habits.
I feel more excited to go on as I see evident results in my body. It is easier for me to move since I am now 127lbs, which makes me gain more confidence. I realized that if we want something we have to work hard for it and until now I’m still a work in progress.

submitted by /u/Melanynavfam
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/r65ddv/obese_no_more/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...