Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: From 414lbs: Taking Control of your Weight and the Sins of the father

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

From 414lbs: Taking Control of your Weight and the Sins of the father

In 2016, I considered myself a complete failure. I managed to gain all the weight back after having gastric bypass surgery. I lost my dream job and last but not least, I lost my father to a drug overdose. People cite 2016 as their worst year for other reasons but those 3 are mine. 2016 was one of the worst years of my life hands down.

I’m named after my dad. Sitting through his funeral, Ken was a good this- a good that- he loved his family but could never catch a break. In the end, Ken’s addictions caught up to him and now we are here to celebrate is short, tragic life.

It was hard sitting through that. It really gave me a glimpse into what my life in 20 years could be- penniless, dead on the floor alone, having failed to get a handle on my addictions. Unlike my father- my addiction isn’t heroin- it’s food- always has been. It’s how I’ve survived all my life. When life is hopeless, there’s always a McDonald’s not too far from reach. That’s my addiction. Cheap, fast, and always available. It seems goofy to compare the two. My addiction just takes longer to kill you.

The one thing my dad had going for him was his youth. He was very young. It crushes me sometimes how much time he let slip away. That to me is the true tragedy- he could still be here.

It took me a while but I used that death as a reason to start living better. It wasn’t easy. Gaining every single pound back after weightloss surgery felt like a double failure. I defied medical intervention and somehow still got fat again. How does one do this? Could I even lose it again? I was very discouraged and very skeptical at first. With surgery it all just sort of melted off. Now, I had no choice- I had to lose it the way everyone else does- eating better and exercising.

I started keto in 2018- started walking the mall every morning before work. Losing the weight immediately became addictive. Everyday I went and walked was a step closing to undoing the damage I caused myself. It took me a long time to quit fast food but I’m happy to report I’m now a year out from riding through any McDonald’s, Burger King, or chic-filet. I’m now back to my lowest at 240lbs. I want to drop more but I’m so thankful that I did something about my health. If you’ve read this far, I can probably guess you’re a looking for your moment that changes your mindset. You can borrow mine. The work is a better place with you in it. Life is what you make of it so why not try? I’m sure you can lose it faster then I did. Today I feel great, my eating is under control and I run a 5k about once a month. I never thought I’d ever be here. But I’m so happy that I am. Please come join me. Investing in yourself is so worth it.

submitted by /u/stoler42
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/r63dgk/from_414lbs_taking_control_of_your_weight_and_the/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...