Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Any tips for my Mum with osteoarthritis who lives in a rural area?

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Any tips for my Mum with osteoarthritis who lives in a rural area?

Hello,

My Mum (69) is living in a rural area in Ireland, she has osteoarthritis and is very overweight. A lot of it I think is to do with emotional eating from loneliness/boredom.

The excess weight really affects the osteoarthritis and means a lot more pain for her. She doesn't seem to be able to lose weight though. She can't go walking either because of dangerous roads and the risk of a fall.

Trying to think of ways to help her. I bought her a peddler which she uses but I don't think that actually burns a lot of calories. I bought her some books on emotional eating too.

Any other ideas? One idea I have is for her to join zoom groups or support groups for people in a similar situation. Or maybe a weight management coach via zoom or something. Any suggestions? She's very good with WhatsApp too.

Thanks

submitted by /u/Thin_Preference_6871
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/r3r5np/any_tips_for_my_mum_with_osteoarthritis_who_lives/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...