Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: NSV - recognized and stopped emotional eating

Thursday, November 25, 2021

NSV - recognized and stopped emotional eating

I've lost about 11 pounds in the past month, I have about 40 more to go to be normal weight. Like many I emotionally eat, and like many I struggle with the holidays due to family issues, etc. Today was really rough, its Thanksgiving here in the US, a day that often heavily focuses on food. All day with the in laws, husband ignoring me and the kids to drink with his cousins - he's normally a great super attentive dad, I swear, but around his family he slacks off because he knows his mom will watch the kids - and my FIL was recently moved to a nursing home on hospice. My husband will eventually inherit the same disease FIL is dying from so its super tough visiting him; all I see is my husband in 10 to 20 years.

Anyway I actually did okay during the day. One plate with small servings of food and one small piece of pie later in the day for dessert. But then we went to the nursing home and by the time we were driving back home I was super irritable and emotionally exhausted. I came home, loaded up a big plate of leftovers, grabbed a glass of wine and dug in. Through about 25% of the leftovers I realized I wasn't really hungry. And I hadn't touched the wine which was great because I'm 32 days sober. I realized that if I ate and drank tonight I would immediately feel shame and self-loathing tonight and likely bloated, crappy, and hungover tomorrow. I realized literally no one wins in that situation, least of all me. So I gave the food and wine to my husband, made myself a cup of tea and now I'm here posting to my various subreddits about my victory. I'm probably still over calories for the day but this is literally the first time I've been able to stop myself in this kind of situation so I'm considering the day a win!

submitted by /u/Ttcthrowaway88
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/r2cs6l/nsv_recognized_and_stopped_emotional_eating/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...