Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: What keeps you motivated? My reason is my daughter

Monday, November 29, 2021

What keeps you motivated? My reason is my daughter

The women in my family have been obese since before it was cool. 4 generations at least. It's a predisposition to weight gain mixed with passing down indulgent habits. This all might sound a little callous but that isn't my intention. It's a hard topic to discuss especially when it hits me so deep.

When I was in highschool I got to see what that obesity lead to. My Grandmother's weight had robbed her of her mobility, it was causing numerous health issues and my grandmother gave up. She was in the hospital when she told my mother and me that she was giving up. Moving hurt too much now. They installed a hospital bed into her house and hired a care worker to help her. My Grandmother was bed ridden because of the choices she had made and passed away before I graduated.

My grandfather begged my mother to take better care of herself. To lose the weight and be more active. He didn't want his daughter to go down the same path. My mother tried but like a lot of people it didn't stick and she stayed morbidly obese.

Now my mother is nearly 70 and her weight has lead to numerous health issues. Her ankles, feet, hips, and knees are all paying the price and she has become legally handicapped. Her weight puts her at a high-risk for surgery so she can't have the surgeries that would help her. She is barely mobile with a walker and is having to use a wheelchair more and more.

I love my mother, she is a wonderful human being and it's hard seeing the list of things she can't do grow and grow. Not because of age, but because of her weight. It breaks my heart. I have my own daughter and I want this to be the generation that breaks the cycle.

submitted by /u/SketchyasaMofo
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/r57zii/what_keeps_you_motivated_my_reason_is_my_daughter/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...