Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I see the potential now in both fat and skinny people

Thursday, November 25, 2021

I see the potential now in both fat and skinny people

I think a lot of people have a "permanence" bias. They see someone and think they've always been like that. The old guy on the street was always that old guy. The young girl will always be the young girl. The homeless man was always homeless. It's hard to imagine the past when all you see is the present.

Nowadays, when I look at fat people, I see the potential for change. I see the potential for them to get their diet in order and lose weight, and imagine what they would look like thin. But likewise I see that skinny people are not permanently that way either. If they were to let go of their diet and start eating a lot of calories, they too would get big. It's humbling to know that everyone is a product of their circumstances.

As for me? I'm going to keep dieting. I'm down to 180 from 230 in February. I'm hoping to get to 159 like I was 10 years ago in university. I recognize that I'm also a product of the food I put in my mouth, just like everyone else. When I was fat I used to obsess about how I especially was fat because of X, Y, and Z psychological reason, instead of just accepting that I responded to calories like everyone else. Oh well, I've made my decision to be fit and prioritize physical and mental health, it's gonna be a lifelong change, I swear to it!

Good luck to everyone out there with their diets. You never know when you can be a role model for someone else, so keep at it.

submitted by /u/BluePsychosisDude2
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/r2cug0/i_see_the_potential_now_in_both_fat_and_skinny/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...