Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Can your body go into "starvation mode" from burning too many calories?

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Can your body go into "starvation mode" from burning too many calories?

Okay, so I know "starvation mode" is an umbrella term for lots of other things like adaptive thermogenesis and isn't really real, and I've also looked into adaptive thermogenesis as well, but I have seen that eating under 1200 calories for a long period can be damaging to the metabolism and body regardless.

My question is, if I'm eating over 1200 a day (at the moment I'm at about 1600) but burning over enough to average out calories to under 1200 (so somewhere over 400 calories in my case), then will that create the same problems as if I'd just been eating under 1200 a day with no exercise (like slower metabolism or "starvation mode" symptoms)?

submitted by /u/myitgirlera
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/wiuhoz/can_your_body_go_into_starvation_mode_from/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...