Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Shin splints are the bane of my existence

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Shin splints are the bane of my existence

I have shin splints, had them for years. They act up occasionally when I walk too fast, or even sitting awkwardly at my desk. I'm 5'2, weight 265lbs and have flat feet. Sunday and Monday I walked 2 miles along the boulevard. There's a paved asphalt path along a river. No pain in my shins, just achy. Today I went to a different park, walked another asphalt paved path. 10 minutes into my walk, had gone .30 miles, and my shins were screaming. Sometimes if I slow down the pain will either numb or move to my anlkes. Today it did neither. Google tells me to take 2-4 weeks off from walking. Stretch, buy new shoes, & arch support.

I already live a sedentary lifestyle, walking is helping me lose weight and be active. And I know if I push myself and hurt myself I will have to stop and take longer to recover. But I'm afraid if I stop I won't start again. It's so much easier not to do it.

Anyway my shoes and the arch supports inside are less than a year old. I'm on a tight budget, any thoughts or suggestions to help with this besides what Google has already told me?

submitted by /u/MGN728
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/wqc4k7/shin_splints_are_the_bane_of_my_existence/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...