Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I feel miserable with the way I look. I want to change but I keep losing the motivation to change

Thursday, August 25, 2022

I feel miserable with the way I look. I want to change but I keep losing the motivation to change

I'm 5'9, male. Used to fall around 160-170 pounds which is veering towards an overweight BMI but generally I was thin.

The beginning of last summer I weighed in at around 182 pounds. I lost weight and got to around 176 pounds and the scale wouldn't budge after that for 4 weeks. I had to get surgery for unrelated reasons and gave up. In August I still hung at about 175 pounds.

Then I started college. Now, I know people joke about the freshman 15 because of alcohol but I don't even drink. Maybe I'll have a couple drinks a month, that's all. But I grew like a balloon. All of a sudden I noticed around November that my underwear felt tight and was rolling up, I had stretch marks on my hips, and when I tried to put on a pair of shorts from the summer they wouldn't even zip up. I bought a scale and weight myself, horrified to find out I was weighing in at 198 pounds. My diet hadn't even really changed- the only thing was more sugary drinks. Coffees, soda, etc. So I cut it all out.

My weight dropped to 192 pounds. Once again weeks went by and it didn't budge. I was counting calories and eating around 1700 calories per day plus exercises at least 6 hours a week. I went to bed hungry every night. My weight still didn't budge. I got busy with finals and gave up

Then comes summer. I think hey, I'm getting back to the same diet that I ate when I was slimmer. I'll probably lose weight right? Wrong. I weighed in about 2 weeks ago at 208 POUNDS!

I don't even know how this is possible. I blamed my weight gain on sugary coffee drinks, soda, and less healthy eating choices like pizza 5× a week. But this summer I haven't sipped a single latte, no soda exept thr occasional diet Coke, no pizza, no high calorie meals. I've mostly been eating chicken, veggies, fruits, etc. Not the ideal diet, I still ate some sweets and junk but I certainly didn't expect to GAIN weight eating the same diet from when I was 165 pounds.

I went on a strict calorie deficit and started walking 30-60 minutes every day. After 2 weeks? 0.3 pounds lost. That's it. After weighing in a couole days ago I broke down and binged on probably at least 1,000 calories of chocolate and cookies.

I'm miserable and confused. I know the response is going to be the same it is every time "oh, well you just not be really eating in a deficit..." but I swear to God I am. The only time I made any progress is when half the day I was so hungry I could barely think, and even then it was slow and I eventually gave up.

Just to give a little reference, July of 2022 I weighed in at my lowest at 147 pounds after a desppresive episode. I've gained 60 pounds since then...40 pounds above where my weight used to sit at. Even starving myself I can't get back to that weight. I'm just so confused. I tried to explain the weight gain any way I could but I've been eating the same exact diet I used to eat for the past four months and GAINED 10 POUNDS! how??

I just feel like there has to be something wrong. I'm miserable right now. I hate the way I look. I'm covered in stretch marks from gaining 20 pounds in like 2 months last fall. My clothes don't fit comfortably and I'm constalt worried about sucking in my stomach and standing a certian way. I can never just be comfortable in public.

What is going on? Where do I even go from here?

submitted by /u/jmh1881v2
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/wxq6fn/i_feel_miserable_with_the_way_i_look_i_want_to/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...