Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Should I just park it at 1500 calories and call it a day?

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Should I just park it at 1500 calories and call it a day?

I posted yesterday asking for advice because it seems I'm not losing anymore, despite eating at different calorie levels. Post link for reference in case you want the longer explanation: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/wq6ctk/mathematically_im_confused/

I've tried 1600 (sedentary maintenance) for a few weeks to give myself a break, I've tried 1200 (lowest recommended), and I currently go between 1300-1400. On my post, I got answers varying from "the only way to lose is to eat at 1200 because you're already within a healthy BMI" and "you should try eating 2000 because you're not actually sedentary" (which I'm technically not, but I don't want to overestimate.) I appreciate all the answers, but it really didn't help with my confusion.

Truth is...I'm tired. I've been doing this since April 2021. I've lost over 50 pounds and currently at a BMI of 24. I'm not unhappy with those results at all and, while I have a bit more fat I'd like to lose, I don't want to lose it at the extent of my sanity.

1500 calories seems like a sustainable daily amount for me, and it takes the guess work out of things. When I took a maintenance break, 1600 almost seemed like TOO much for me some days. 1500 is technically below maintenance for days that I don't get a lot of movement in, and gives a little wiggle room for days I have special events/holidays, but I realize it will make any future weight loss very, VERY slow. I'm okay with that. I'll still be getting a lot of steps in and doing my strength training, but I just need something stable for a while when it comes to calorie counting.

I guess I don't really have a question, I kinda just wanted to vent a bit and maybe a bit of validation that my idea isn't nuts?

submitted by /u/violent_delights_9
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/wr8pec/should_i_just_park_it_at_1500_calories_and_call/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...