Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Plateaued for 6 Weeks due to new relationship

Monday, August 29, 2022

Plateaued for 6 Weeks due to new relationship

Info: 24F 5'4", SW 170 CW 158 GW 130

I've been tracking calories for almost 4 months now (which I know logically in the marathon that is weight loss is not that long).

At first I was able to lose weight consistently at the rate that my deficit would cause, but for the last 6 weeks my weight has fluctuated between 157 and 159... I've had a few NSV since (1 inch less in waist and hips measurements!) but no other signs that anything I've been doing has been working.

I was eating at close to 1200 for 4 weeks of the plateau which according to online sources is 500 below my TDEE. However I missed 2 periods (already went to see my doctor about this) and decided to increase to 1450/day (should be 0.5 lb per week).

I compared the length of the plateau to my social calendar and it's almost directly correlated to the start of my new relationship. I recognize that it had been more difficult to accurately track recently as I've been going out more as a result of the relationship and I'm sure this is probably why I haven't been losing weight.

I guess I'm just conflicted because one of the reasons I wanted to lose weight was so that it wouldn't be a source of insecurity in romantic relationships. And I really want to continue working on my health in this way and feel the way I used to prior to gaining in college. But I don't know how to balance this desire with the typical activities of a new relationship (and if all goes well the relationship won't be ending any time soon... 🤞), especially as my struggles with weight have been the cause of ends of relationships in the past. Does anyone have any advice, constructive criticism, encouragement on how to create this balance?

submitted by /u/Alternative-List2398
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/x13lnu/plateaued_for_6_weeks_due_to_new_relationship/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...