Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Ready to make a lifestyle change

Friday, August 26, 2022

Ready to make a lifestyle change

I (F23) recently came to the conclusion I need to make a lifestyle change. I am currently 332lbs at 5' 11" which is SO UNHEALTHY. I have been overweight my entire life, and thought that I had remained roughly the same size since high school (which was around 280, still not great) I recently took a trip and upon reviewing the photos we took while there, I was shocked by how large I have gotten. Since then, I have decided to implement a diet and exercise regimen which I hope will help me reach my goals. I started last week and I am down about 4 lbs already :) I am doing 1750 cal a day, 40/40/20 split for protein, carbs, and fat. I also joined a gym and plan to go every other(ish) day. My GW is 150/160ish, so I've got a long way to go. I'd love to find some accountability partners around my age so we could keep each other on track and trade tips! I don't have any locally that are looking to lose weight. I have noticed I struggle to get enough protein in, but go overboard on carbs often. Any tips on getting my protein in would be appreciated! I also would love to become a runner at some point, as I actually really enjoy running, it's just feeling embarrassed that I am so out of breath and sweaty that I hate. I downloaded nonetorun and C25K, but have a lot of gym anxiety that is keeping me from doing anything that might make me pant in public. I am also interested in lifting as I'd love to gain muscle to combat the inevitable loose skin that comes from massive weight loss, but I worry my form will be bad and I'll end up with an injury if I try. I haven't been able to find a physical trainer I would be comfortable with, so I would love some direction on beginning on my own. Reading through this forum has been so helpful for me as I realize there are a lot more people in the same boat as me than I thought there were. Again, any tips are welcome and appreciated!

submitted by /u/dnr17
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/wyrdqe/ready_to_make_a_lifestyle_change/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...