Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Losing weight/Building Muscle

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Losing weight/Building Muscle

I’m sure there’s a myriad of posts like mine, but I’m new to building muscle and need some advice. I’m 22F 5’4 162 lbs and I plan on eating 1400 cals a day with proper macros. I lost about 32lbs already.

I want to start incorporating some free weights, squats, etc. into my workouts as I’ve only done body weight and cardio workouts in the past. I have access to a gym with very basic equipment such as free weights, squat rack, treadmills, and a few arm machines. A few questions:

  1. Is 3 days a week acceptable to start with? I have to work 30 hours and have 15 credits this semester so my schedule is pretty tight unfortunately

  2. Are 30 minute workouts enough to build muscle? I’ve seen YouTube workout videos claiming to build muscle with 30 min workouts a day but I don’t know if I trust those

  3. Are there any good programs to follow that others have tried?

  4. Should I be doing cardio everyday before weights?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/maddiemandie
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/wrxsrq/losing_weightbuilding_muscle/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...