Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I reached my goals!! and could not have done it without support

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

I reached my goals!! and could not have done it without support

Hi everyone! I (22F) have been following here for awhile, admiring all of your journeys. I'm posting because I have hit my goals and I am realizing just how big of a difference having a supportive partner makes.

My boyfriend is a fit, muscular guy who loves the gym. I was at an okay weight when we got together (5'5", 156 lbs) but I was out of shape and I hated my body/the way I had suddenly gained 45 lbs since 18. My journey started with him basically dragging me to the gym with him and with me feeling constantly hurt that he wanted to change my body. I broke down to him about this and he sat me down to say, "I never want you to feel that way. I think you're the most beautiful thing in the world, but I can see how badly you see yourself. You literally can't expect to look like you did when you were a teenager, so why are you beating yourself up? Do you think your body won't change in your life? When you have children? When you get older? I just wanted you to get strong so you can believe in yourself and feel confident at any stage, because guess what?? This ultimately has NOTHING to do with how your body looks and EVERYTHING to do with how you feel about it."

That conversation blew me away and has stuck with me. This whole time I'm really lucky to have had unwavering support, reassurance that it was okay to slip up or take a break, and someone to say "I'm proud of you" for both my physical and mental progress. When I started going down a dangerous path of restricting my food too much, he was there to say "let's eat together, I don't want you skipping this meal." I'm stronger than ever (again, mentally and physically) and down to 120 lbs now where I will be maintaining.

The best of luck to everyone who might see this and keep it up. The stories on here are amazing. And surround yourself with supportive people!

submitted by /u/Entire_Local_7072
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/x1wc0t/i_reached_my_goals_and_could_not_have_done_it/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kate Middleton fitness: Kensington Palace offers update on her go back to work

Kensington Palace has shared a announcement concerning Kate Middleton’s cancer battle and while royal enthusiasts can assume her to go bac...