Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Struggling with Weight and then something interesting happened.

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Struggling with Weight and then something interesting happened.

My whole life. I have struggled my entire life with weight. It is an issue that directly relates to my upbringing and body. Diabetes in my family are strong and developing poor eating habits or more common than not.

My mom, whom has food sensory issues, ended up getting the lap band and also a gastric bypass to lose weight.

I looking back on her weight loss journey, her food choices and emotional issues were there reason she couldn’t lose weight. She really wanted to be fit but excuses and overall inability to get past the fact that she couldn’t stomach healthier options.

I, however, do not suffer from any of those things. I am heavy because I really do love food. Not processed food and I don’t drink sugary drinks (all the classic reasons people are fat). I am fat because I enjoy food.

I reached a point where the feeling of being full was gone. I could eat and eat and no end in sight. I have always been relatively active but my calories were the problem.

I am also obsessive about my weight. When I diet, I’d go off the deep end. Dropping pounds like crazy. Obsessing about every calorie in and out. It was unhealthy and I was grumpy. It affected a large part of my life and wasn’t sustainable.

When I would stop, my weight increased exponentially. I would completely devour everything in sight with a lot of self hate.

Years and years of bad habits. But then something changed. I always believed my mom used the bypass as the easy way out but it really wasn’t. I didn’t want to follow those foot steps.

I finally found a doctor that understood my issue. My obsession with food. It needed to be addressed.

So with some medication (not speed but something to help control my sugars and curve my appetite), I have lost 25lbs in three months. I know it isn’t much but I find this super successful. I am not obsessing and I finally feel the satisfaction of being satiated.

Anyways. This isn’t a success story or anything. Just a “hey… I figured out what I needed and I don’t feel bad about it” story.

submitted by /u/Assume-Distortion
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/tcuar7/struggling_with_weight_and_then_something/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...