Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Uncomfortable with the trend of “I eat like this/workout because I love my body” toxic positivity is a real thing. I accept that I do this even though I don’t want to.

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Uncomfortable with the trend of “I eat like this/workout because I love my body” toxic positivity is a real thing. I accept that I do this even though I don’t want to.

I’ll probably get wrecked for saying this. Also I know many people DO deny themselves high reward food and work out for fun. This is going to be from a woman’s perspective.

I don’t. I don’t enjoy it. I’ve never let myself get above 150 lb at 5’4” as a 35 F. Every woman I know shares this common enemy of gaining weight. We talk at length about how much energy we constantly dedicate to not ever gaining weight. We laugh about our food restriction.

I don’t care that some people will think this is disordered eating. It’s not. The relationship women have with their body is disordered from childhood. It is blanket expectations put upon women to be thin and young looking. As small as humanly possible.

Even now at 135lb I am not sculpted, I am not small enough. This is the weight I’ve maintained for 10 years but I can’t get any fitter without huge reduction to my quality of life.

I think we need to normalize that some people are on this journey because of the expectations and wanting to look better. That’s totally ok.

There’s a reason keto & cross fit people talk about it constantly. It’s because they are working so hard. BUT they found something they could keep doing in order to get the results they wanted.

Sorry for the rant but the toxic positivity around fitness puts me off and I don’t identify with it. I do this because I want to be better, still, I don’t enjoy it.

submitted by /u/vallyoftheill
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/tf44cv/uncomfortable_with_the_trend_of_i_eat_like/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...