Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Water retention or should I re-examine my calories?

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Water retention or should I re-examine my calories?

At the end of last summer I started taking my health seriously after seeing pictures of myself and not liking what I saw, mainly doing CICO and Chloe Ting workouts. I didn’t weigh myself when I started out of fear but in November after people started commenting on how much “skinnier” I looked, I sucked it up and saw I was around 200 lbs, which, ngl wasn’t the number I wanted to see but also wasn’t as bad as I was expecting. Flash forward to around 3-4 weeks ago I weigh myself again and found I was suddenly 180 lbs. Around the same time, I moved on from Chloe Ting and started Caroline Girvan’s Epic program which has mainly been weight training with one day of HIIT as opposed to Chloe Ting which was mostly cardio stuff.

My weight’s been basically the same since then, hovering around 178-180 lbs depending on the day, so my question is, is this water retention from starting a new workout regime or should I take a closer look at my calories in and make sure I’m actually eating at a deficit? I’m pretty good with measuring out my portions and weighing, but there’s always the chance I’m being too lenient with myself. I’m a 5’7” guy, so I’ve been eating around 1500-1700 calories a day and working out 5 days a week.

submitted by /u/yumpet-player
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/tgn1x8/water_retention_or_should_i_reexamine_my_calories/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...