Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: I hate it when people tell me to lose weight

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

I hate it when people tell me to lose weight

Like, I'm at it. I'm eating more vegetables and trying to get more exercise in. Changing everything overnight has not worked for me with my past like 18 attempts, so I figured I could go slow. Like, starting off by having at least half of my plate filled with vegetables and committing to playing badminton with my boyfriend once a week and then building it up. Next week will be a 4 week streak of badminton and I've done things like walking, swimming and youtube exercises whenever I feel like it which isn't a lot but the goal right now is not to do a lot but build it up so it feels manageable and fun. And I've never committed for a month doing anything before so clearly it's working for me and I actually kinda like it instead of the "ugh I'll have to exercise, I don't want tooooo"

But clearly this isn't enough because guess what, after a month I'm still fat. Who is surprised, fucking no one. It has been a month. And I have almost 30% of my weight to lose. If I lost that amount in a month I'd be really concerned, there's no way you can lose almost 30% in a healthy way in 28 days.

"You should lose weight, overweight is bad for the health". Yeah I fucking know and if you asked you'd know I'm on it. Comments like that make me feel like what I'm doing is not good enough. While I do understand that taking it slow is better in the long term, let's compare, if I lost the weight in a month I would not have managed to create habits to keep it off compared to if I lost it in a year.

"You should take care of yourself". So no matter what I do it's "taking care of myself" only once, if ever, I'm thin? Somehow magically once I hit that BMI 24.9 I'm taking care of myself but before that I'm just ugly lazy fat person who doesn't take care of themselves? K. Noted. Fuck you.

"You're the reason you're fat, don't make any excuses". Like, I'm not? I'm literally losing weight as we speak. What excuse did I make? That I can't lose 30% in a month?

"You shouldn't eat that". You shouldn't say that. When the school cafeteria serves either pancakes with strawberry jam or chocolate mousse, I'm having it. Both are served once in six weeks so that makes whopping two small servings of dessert in six weeks. You're just jealous. When my fave is on the menu, I'm having it, even when I'm on a diet.

"I'm just caring about your health". Cut the crap, all you care about is if I look attractive or not. I don't even know you and my loved ones have said nothing negative about my weight or my health. The only person worried is my grandma and her no 1 concern is covid and no 2 concern of me getting cancer from radioactive shit in case my rural city gets nuclear bombed in case WW3 breaks out. People that care about me don't care about my weight so why do you? Get a hobby or something.

"You have to want it". Please shove your head up your ass. You're a mind reader now, too, not just a personal trainer and a dietitian because you googled it?

I just don't get the motive. Do people get off of being mean to fat people? Or do they either want me to give up due to unrealistic standard or get an ED? Are they just so sad and miserable there's no other thing to do than police other people's bodies? Or are they so deep in the health propaganda they believe every fat person is ready to like, eat them? I'd love to know how they think weight-loss works, fuck, I'd like to wake up skinny tomorrow, but that's not how it works. It's a long process but apparently you have to be small if you want to exist, it's not enough to work towards a healthier tomorrow. It's clearly just "be skinny, small, thin, attractive, the beauty standard, don't be different" when literally all I want to do is play badminton and eat my salad without someone having a fucking opinion about it. Why do non-fat people have so hard time to just shut the fuck up when they have nothing intelligent to say?

submitted by /u/knitndstuff
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/tfwie8/i_hate_it_when_people_tell_me_to_lose_weight/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...