Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: New Relationships

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

New Relationships

So I’m about 2 years post divorce and dating someone I really like for the past year. We are not living together but he will often stay at my house and we have all meals together (except breakfast, which I don't typically eat). During my marriage, I had weighed as much as 250lb (I'm 5'2"), maybe 5+ years ago. As my marriage began its decline and my ex-husband and I did less and less together, it became much easier for me to stick to a low-calorie meal plan; we had become nothing but roommates and did very little together, plus he was never supportive of me. My low weight was 170lb. I was also going to the gym at 5am 3 days a week, and swimming or playing basketball at the gym with my daughter every weekend.

Now I’m in this relationship and I’ve put on a ton of weight. I cannot go to the gym because I have a 9-year old at home who I would be leaving alone at those hours. I’m fine with that; we do walk the dog regularly and try to go on hikes or longer outdoor walks on the weekends, though I definitely don’t get as much exercise as I should.

But my biggest issue is diet, which I believe is more important anyway. Since I'm short, I'm cursed with a low calorie intake in order to get to a decent deficit and it's become very hard to stick to it. I’m not blaming my boyfriend, but it’s so hard to avoid eating out together, cooking together, drinks together when I enjoy those things so much. He has put on weight also, but probably not as much - or maybe it’s not as easy to notice since I am 5’2” and he’s 5’11”.

I’m looking for advice on how to handle this. I know this is common. He is supportive and he knows I want to lose the weight again, but when push comes to shove, we’ll be popping a bottle of wine on Friday or going out for pizza and a pitcher of beer.

Sometimes it makes me secretly wish that I was single like I basically was when I was married.

submitted by /u/heybaggage
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/tfvqpb/new_relationships/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...