Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How to cope with weight gain in a compassionate way? Working to lose it all.

Saturday, March 12, 2022

How to cope with weight gain in a compassionate way? Working to lose it all.

I quit cocaine and alcohol at the start of the pandemic. I'm going to be two years sober without a single drink or line of coke in a few days. This transformed myself in an extremely radical way.

However, I turned to food for comfort instead. With the lockdowns in place, and moving to another city, I no longer would walk to work or other parts of the city because everything closed. As a result, I've gained 50 pounds. Most of it went to my stomach, and my face is now plump, my cheekbones don't pop anymore.

Everytime I look in the mirror I just see my stomach. I'm moving to a place with a wonderful gym facility. I'm going to work out 5x a week, and eat a good diet. I know the change will come and I'll look even better than my former self.

But right now I feel absolutely horrible. I don't want to be seen in public by people I knew before the pandemic. I'm tired of getting comments on how I look different, more "bulkier."

For those who have been in this position, how do you practice self compassion as you're working towards losing this weight? A lot of my confidence is gone right now. I want to stay inside and not be seen until I lose it all. This is something I'm going to talk to my therapist about.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/bl00d_
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/tcsx3k/how_to_cope_with_weight_gain_in_a_compassionate/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...