Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Insecurities, Doubts and the Pain of Excess Skin. (22 M - SW 347 - CW 210 - GW 180 )

Saturday, March 5, 2022

Insecurities, Doubts and the Pain of Excess Skin. (22 M - SW 347 - CW 210 - GW 180 )

So...

I started my journey awhile ago, around January 3rd of 2021. Throughout that year I was immensely succesful in losing weight, browsing this subreddit often and was inspired by many of you constantly.

Well I'm in a much better position today than I was when I started. I'm close to 140 lbs down, I feel healthier, I workout often, and I'm now coasting with a healthy weightloss of 1-2 pounds a month to my final gw of 180 lbs.

But now I've ran into a problem that I (foolishly) never in the entirety of my weightloss journey, thought i'd have.

Extra skin.

My thighs. My arms. My stomach. My sides. Excess skin that jiggles, at first, indistinguishable from fat. Stomach bulges still in shirts due to excess skin. Parts of my body still looking bad to me as the excess skin pulls it down. Friends compliments feeling so hollow since I know they haven't seen me without a shirt.

I'm now at the point where I feel stuck. Atleast when I was obese I knew that there was a goal I could achieve, I even hit my first goal of 220 pounds. How do I avoid feeling so discouraged with the current state of my body? Maybe this is more of a question related to psychology but, all I've wanted since starting this is the same body as my peers or even current partner, and yet despite doing the hardwork I still feel like I'm losing.

And that's not even getting started on the other aesthetic differences between others and my post-weightloss body. Hyper-pigmentation and darklines/areas where folds or skin used to touch, now stay as permenant reminders of what I once looked like.

I want to start the process of looking into excess skin removal surgery, even though estimates range in the multiples of thousands. But I feel like that's another can of worms to even open. Everyone around me has told me to just start "Lifting weights" and that "The excess skin can be filled in with muscle." But I do not, and never have, wanted to look "Muscley", and to fill in all this extra skin would definitely not leave me with a "normal" body.

I know I'm using a lot of subjective terms such as "Normal" body, but i'm just discouraged at the moment.

Thanks for listening to me complain :) And I truly, honestly wish the best for everyone no matter where they are on their journey. Because unfortunately I've learned that when the scale hits that magic number, every problem and issue (unfortunately) does not get solved.

xx

submitted by /u/DannyABoi
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/t7o882/insecurities_doubts_and_the_pain_of_excess_skin/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...