Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Feeling stuck 3 months into body recomp

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Feeling stuck 3 months into body recomp

Hi everyone! I just started strength training back in Sept 2021. I was playing around with 5-8lb dumbbell workouts 1x/week, and then started a strength training program in Dec 2021. It's a one year program, so I decided to aim for body recomp.

Some stats:
Age: 28 | Sex: F | Height: 5'3 |Weight: 130lbs
Waist: 26" Hips: 37"

Nutrition:
Aiming for 90g of protein, eating at maintenance calories, no carb or fat restrictions. I eat about 1700-1800 calories. I'm not tracking YET because I used to go on stupid diets and mentally I can't handle counting calories again. It may make me give up on this program. If I'm six months in and seeing no progress, I plan to start tracking.

Workouts:
1-2 full body days (sometimes I just do LIIT cardo on one of these days) + 1 lower body day + 1 upper body day + 15 min LIIT cardio on rowing machine or non-motorized treadmill at the end.

Goal:
Body recomp to see muscle definition, lose fat, feel stronger, and be able to eat maintenance calories without worrying about gaining weight. I'm moving on from cardio "HIIT" workouts and temporary diets. I want to find a strength training routine that is sustainable, fun, and something I can see myself doing forever.
I'm progressively getting stronger- started out using 10lb DBs and couldn't lift a barbell, but now I'm using 22.5lb DBs for bench press and rows and practicing my deadlifts with 10lbs plates. I'm here with two main issues:
1. Tight hips: So far, I've had two instances where my hip flexors are so tight it's hindering my progress. Am I not stretching enough? Should I add some more light cardio to try to cool down more efficiently at the end of my workouts?
2. No changes in body measurement: I knew this would be a long process, but I'm a little concerned I'm seeing no changes in body weight OR measurements at this point. I'm almost 4 months in. Some folks say they see progress in 3-4 months, but I'm also seeing people talk about 6+ months. What's been your experience? Am I being impatient?

Basically, I know I'm getting stronger but I'm scared I'm also gaining fat and I'll end up bulkier/heavier than Day 1. Thanks all!

submitted by /u/soobak2001
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/tbb3no/feeling_stuck_3_months_into_body_recomp/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...