Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: How many steps per day is sedentary?

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

How many steps per day is sedentary?

25F, 5’6”, SW: 203 CW: 187.2 GW: 135?

I eat an average of 1360-1650 cals per day, TDEE is 1950 at sedentary but BMR is around 1600 so I try to stay above that. It doesn’t always work. I also try to get at least 100g of protein, but otherwise don’t pay super close attention to macros.

I work a full time desk job and so am pretty sedentary. I play soccer once a week, and ski once a week in winter/try to hike once a week in summer. I also just started training for a 10k taking place at the end of May, though it’s super low mileage at the beginning.

I’m trying to get more steps in, in part to justify the cost of the treadmill I bought for the 10k training lol. I also recently look at losertown and saw that if I am “lightly active 1-3 days a week” I will reach my goal weight in nearly half the time than if I’m sedentary.

All of this is to ask, how many steps per day is still considered sedentary? At what point would I be able to consider myself lightly active? I’m not planning on increasing calories based on activity level, just trying to space my TDEE and BMR out a bit more so I can increase my deficit without risking undereating.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/OuchMouseMom
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/t5giy1/how_many_steps_per_day_is_sedentary/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...