Discover effective weight loss tips that actually work to help you achieve your weight loss goals. Get motivated and start your journey towards a healthier you today.

Weight Loss for Everyone: Is my deficit too much

Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Is my deficit too much

Hey all,

I’ve been getting some mixed signals with how healthy/safe certain calorie deficits are and I’m a bit confused.

To start, I am 6’ 4” weighing 418lbs 22M. Most calculators put me at a BMR of about 3500 cal/day.

Right now, I have been restricting calories to 1500-1800 cal/day. It’s important to note that all of the calories come from foods that are rich in nutrients. Only fruits/veggies/lean meats and some whole grains mixed in. I make sure to always meet my daily protein and other macro goals. I take a daily multivitamin with some extra vitamin D/K. I do not have any cheat days.

I have been doing 30 minute workouts on a daily basis, almost all cardio. Whenever I work out I take the amount of calories burned into account and add that to my daily limit (500 calorie workout increases my limit to 2000-2300 calories for the day).

I’ve been reading in some places that this significant of a deficit can be really dangerous. I’ve also read that these deficits are ok for morbidly obese people initially. My logic is that as I lose more fat, I will reduce that deficit to a more reasonable level. Losing a decent chunk of weight right now is priority as I risk injury/other problems when it comes to exercise.

What are your guys’ thoughts on this? I’m open to suggestions and want to make sure I’m doing this safe and effectively.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/evansiok22
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/x7seno/is_my_deficit_too_much/

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s

How to Lose 20 Pounds at Home with a Busy Schedule Over 40s This video caters to individuals in their 30s and 40s who are seeking to red...